Christmas Ham is often enjoyed for a number of days after Christmas. However, if it’s not cared for in the correct way, you can be left with a very tired and dry ham. To ensure your ham keep giving well after Christmas, here are our top tips.
- Upon purchasing your ham, keep it in the vacuum sealed bag until you are ready to use.
- A ham bag is only required for storage after you have sliced your ham.
- Ham Bags – wash before use.
- How to prepare your ham bag: Give the ham bag a quick soak in water and white vinegar (roughly 1 ltr of water to ¼ cup of white vinegar). Wring it out, and it’s ready to use. Repeat the soaking solution every two-three days or if the bag begins to dry out.
- Store your ham in the coldest part of the fridge and only slice as required.
- If you have leftover sliced ham, or a smaller portion of ham, a ham bag is not necessary, wrap it in foil rather than plastic cling wrap and it will retain its moisture and colour.
*Please note: Peter Bouchier Ham Bags are complimentary with your Peter Bouchier Ham on the Bone and Boneless Ham, when shopping at a Peter Bouchier retail store only and are not for individual sale.